What is the Ipevo visualiser?
The Ipevo visualiser is a tool that allows you to capture documents, live or pre -recorded drawings of graphs or mathematical worked examples, textbooks, artwork and 3D objects. It also allows you to stream real-time images and recordings directly to your PC. This blog provides a short overview of my experience with the visualiser.
The Ipevo visualiser is compatible with most monitors with an HDMI input and is very easy to use.
There are two steps:
- Download the Ipevo software on to your PC. I have found that if you choose Windows 7 and above when downloading, it works best.
- Plug in the visualiser to your PC. You are good to go!
As an Economics teacher, it is very useful for online tutorials and workshops. It allows you to:
- Pre-record a worked example with drawings and computations, upload the video to stream and add it to your Moodle page.
- Integrate a worked mathematical solution into a live or pre-recorded Microsoft Teams session.
- Annotate on the screen (this is especially useful if you have a regular laptop and do not have a touchscreen with a stylus pen to draw freehand on the screen)
What the students say
‘I loved the visualiser because I could clearly follow each step of the process and go back over it if I needed to’
‘I understand the calculation in class but when I go home, I can’t remember. Having a recorded example allows me to go over it again and again’.
Demo on how to install IPEVO software and simple tips to get you started – Visit YouTube