ATU were awarded a HEA Innovation and Transformation award, to build digital capabilities in the region (2019-2022).
The HEA project is called iNOTE and it provides opportunities to transform the higher education experience in Atlantic Technological University (ATU). The ATU Galway-Mayo Teaching and Learning Office is leading the development of DigitalEd.ie
DigitalEd.ie is a Digital Teaching and Learning education platform, providing access to the digital learning pathways and a suite of resources available to all staff. The site provides a gateway to help CUA staff build digital capabilities and pedagogic expertise, in order to design, deliver and support flexible and online learning programmes.
We recommend the following steps in navigating the DigitalEd.ie site:
- Step 1 Complete the Digital Discovery Tool in section Are you ready to teach online?
- Step 2 Explore the Digital Tools Directory and watch some Digital Stories
- Step 3 Register to access an online Learning Pathway
- Step 4 Book a Workshop to develop your digital skills and support your engagement with the online Learning Pathways
- Step 5 Join the DigitalEd.ie community and start a discussion on digital teaching and learning topics
- Step 6 Find out, who are the Digital Champions in your school/dept.
Meet The Team
Many thanks to our external advising team: New York State University (SUNY) Prof. Meg Benke and team for mentoring and consulting with the ATU Teaching and Learning Office on the Learning Pathways; Microsoft Education Ireland; the JISC organisation in the UK; the University of Southern Denmark T&L Unit; and Dr Terry McGuire and Dr Catherine Cronin from the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Ireland.